Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Four Meat Pizza - Pizza for Men!!

Using the pre made fresh pizza dough from De Luca's makes making home made pizza a cinch.  Simply spread out your dough and layer on your toppings.  We found the cutest heart-shaped salami this week and knew just what to do with it.  Pizza!  

I find heating the oven as hot as it will go yields the best results - for me that's 500 degrees (though I have my suspicions it actually gets that hot).  The pizza cooks in about 15 minutes this way with a nice chewy crust, crisp on the bottom and soft and chewy in the middle and the cheese perfectly browned on the top - nothing better!
Crank your oven to 500 degrees and let's go!

Spread out your dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Give the paper a quick spray with non-stick spray and spread out the dough as much as you can (You can use a round pizza pan too). I give the dough a chance to rest half way through stretching it out to help it relax, then it's easier to spread out.



Top dough with sauce, you can use pizza sauce from the can or use crushed tomatoes. I spread thinly sliced onions over the sauce (got to sneak SOME veggies in there!).



Next the meat, here you can use anything you want...I have Bacon, Procuitto Salami, Cappicola and Salami D'Amore...can you guess which one that is?


What do you mean you don't have heart shaped salami? Well, then you can't make this, nope, can't be done....


Slice up the meat and top the pizza (I snuck a layer of cheese in there too to bind everything together). Once all the meat is on, top the pizza with cheese. I'm using fresh mozzarella which I tore up and scattered over the top.


Bake at 500 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust is nice and brown on the bottom and the cheese is bubbly and golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment