Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Naked Burger


I came across an argument on Burger Lab that stated a perfectly wonderful burger could be made with nothing but good ol'beef and S&P. No egg, no crumbs, no fancy seasoning...nothing.

The article says a lot of other stuff too, great stuff, like grinding your own meat....um...not only do I not have a meat grinder...oh wait...yes I do...but still..who has the TIME? Oh.....me? Well...yes, but still......there is a certain lazy factor in place here...so I used plain old ground beef for these burgers. Please feel free to grind your own! or use supermarket fare...either way, this makes a great burger!

Start with ground beef -- no particular amount here because, well...there's no real recipe! (I think I used about a pound for three burgers).  Salt your patties liberally before grilling (and not before) for a delicious, no fuss, no muss, all around delicious burger.
One more note -- the Burger Lab also says to form your patties with a slight divot in the centre to prevent "meatball burger".  I've done this and it works every time!



The Naked Burger
Serves..as many burgers as you want to make!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients
Ground Beef
Salt

Directions
  1. Form meat into patties with minimal handling. Chill patties until ready for use. 
  2. Salt patties liberally before cooking - cook until desired done-ness and top as desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment